Friday 30 October 2020

Trip to the Ambury Farm

 On Thursday 29 October Room 9 and Room 10 went to the Ambury Farm in Mangere.

It was fun and awesome because we got a chance to feed the goats, sheep, and cows.  We also saw how cows are milked. The cows were pet cows. Their names were Maggie and Fly. 

We also watched  Karoline shear a sheep around the tail area to prevent all the poop from collecting on the fur. 

We all got a chance of making butter from milk. After the butter was made, we tasted it. I learned a lot of things about animals at Ambury Farm that day and I hope I can go there again. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi AJ
    I'm payton from Paroa school,
    this is a very cool story, I bet it was fun
    check out my blog.
    http://paroagreypaytong.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi my name is Gus I live in grey mouth and im a year 7.nice work Aj that was really interesting what did the butter taste like maybe next time you could add a photo or something but other then that it was cool to learn about a farm i lived on a farm and its cool how they milk the cows.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.